UConn’s Executive MBA Program is where high-performing managers become high-impact leaders. The Executive MBA program is specifically tailored for experienced managers and other professionals who are seeking leadership positions. The 42-credit EMBA program is completed over 20 months in a small cohort, allowing for close collaboration and networking. This part-time program meets in person every other Saturday and one Friday every six weeks in Hartford, CT.
Who Should Apply
The Executive MBA program is specifically tailored for experienced managers and other professionals who are seeking leadership positions or further advancement at their organizations. The typical EMBA student has an average of 10 years of professional work experience. Students will have the opportunity to build their business acumen and enhance their leadership skills, empowering them to have an increased impact on their organizations immediately and into the future.
UConn EMBA students’ careers span a variety of executive/management roles and diverse industries, including:
- Senior level administrators
- Operations Executives
Executive MBA All-Inclusive Fees
The all-inclusive fee for the EMBA is $90,000. This includes a non-refundable deposit of $1,800 and is paid in six installments. This all-inclusive program fee covers all Course Credit Fees as well as Materials and Service fees, which include:
- All University fees
- All textbooks and materials
- Access to a laptop computer and all course relevant software
- Accommodations and meals during the In-Residence program
- Transportation, accommodations and meals during the international trip in June
- Breakfast, lunch and coffee breaks during class days
- Workshops, seminars and special events
- A range of administrative services and special functions
UConn offers numerous graduate certificates in specific business subjects.
Graduates of the Executive MBA Program may return to UConn at any time to deepen their knowledge in a specific subject by earning a complimentary graduate certificate of their choosing. Certificates are offered in the following areas:
- Accounting Analytics
- Business Analytics
- Corporate & Regulatory Compliance
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Healthcare Analytics
- Healthcare Finance & Insurance
- Human Resources Management
- Project Management
- Supply Chain
How to Apply
Access your online application account
First-time users will create a new online account when they enter our application system via the "Apply Now" button. Returning users can use their designated email and password to log in.
Write your essay
We require a personal essay for the EMBA program. The prompt is located in the application itself. Don’t forget, you have access to log in and out of your application as many times as you need to in order to complete your application!
Contact your references
Request two letters of recommendation. It is important to reach out to your references as early as possible to give them enough time to complete your recommendations. In the system, you will be prompted to enter your references’ information. Once added, our system will contact your references directly via email, and provide a secure link for them to quickly and easily submit their letters. At no point should you be handling and submitting your letters of recommendation.
Upload your unofficial transcript
For application review purposes, we only require an unofficial copy of your transcript. If admitted, we will then need your official transcript sent directly from your institution.
Enter your professional experience
Upload your current resume in your online application so we can learn more about your background. We look for a minimum of two years of professional work experience.
Submit your application
Once you have completed all necessary fields and submitted all required documents, you are ready to submit your application, along with a $75 non-refundable application fee.
The EMBA Class Experience
- Core Financial Statements
- Using Statistics in Business
- Managing Teams and Organization Culture
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Fundamentals of Financial Management
- Customer Insights
- Capital Budgeting and Corporate Financial Policy
- Financial Controls
- Value Creation and Competition
- Performance Evaluation
- Strategic Fit and Coordination
- Microeconomic Incentives
- Domestic and Global Macroeconomics
- Driving Market Demand
- Global Business Issues
- Leveraging Digital Technologies
- Domestic and International Legal Structures
- Sustainable Competitive Strategy
- Managing Brand Value
- Managing Information Technology
- Operational Analytics and Improvement
- Alternative Investments and Risk Management
- Executive Project
- Employment Law
EMBA classes are held every other Saturday and one Friday every six weeks. A typical day is as follows
7:30am - 8:00am Breakfast
8:00am - 11:00am Class 1
11:00am - 11:15am Break
11:15pm - 12:30pm Class 2 (Part One)
12:30pm - 1:15pm Lunch
1:15pm - 3:00pm Class 2 (Part Two)
3:00pm - 3:15pm Break
3:15pm - 6:15pm Class 3